Here is how much brands paid per match to be Indian cricket’s Title sponsor over the years
BCCI recently announced that e-commerce giant Paytm to continue to be Indian cricket’s Title sponsor for another four years (2019-23). In the bidding war, Paytm won the rights for both Indian international and domestic cricket.
The new deal is worth INR 326.80 crores, up 60.7% from 2015 (INR 203.28 crores). Paytm won the bid over fantasy gaming company Dream 11 placing a winning bid of INR 3.80 crores per match. The bid was 52% more than the base price set by BCCI of INR 2.50 crores per game.
Paytm won the sponsorship for the first time in 2015, beating Micromax.
Here is the complete list:
- 2010-13 – Airtel: INR 3.33 crores per match
- 2013-14 – Star India: INR 2 crores per match
- 2014-15 – Micromax: INR 2.02 crores per match
- 2015-19 – Paytm: INR 2.42 crores per match
- 2019-23 – Paytm: INR 3.80 crores per match
After the announcement, Paytm’s founder Vijay Shekhar thanked BCCI in a tweet, “Proud to partner champion of champions — Indian cricket. Thank you @BCCI , you and us @Paytm make a great team !”